Saturday, January 22, 2011

How To Cut Flooring Around Columns

Positano with sourdough English muffins bars



The English Muffins are a wonderful discovery for me .... For some time looking for a recipe to use my dough, I stumbled upon this one of my favorite blogs Wild Yeast, and what ... I've loved and have already done several times.

are delicious for breakfast or snack. They are also semi integral, are not added fat other than milk and do not require baking. Rapidly become a frying pan, griddle, comal or my fellow Venezuelans in griddle to make arepas
^ _ ^ One thing I love about them is they are small and can control the portions very well, especially when we are a "diet" as I do now. (Well, I try,:)

I have understood that today's English muffins are made with baking powder, but these are a little dough and baking soda ... that according to Susan explains in his original recipe, baking interacts with the acidity of the sourdough creating more carbon dioxide, which in turn produce the typical honeycombed muffins ... and really they are full of holes though my photos are not appreciated. They grow a lot when you are roasting on the grill, so it is advisable not to make them so thick they will not be raw inside. Fluffy and soft ....
warm and toasted, spread with butter and jam or with a little honey, are fabulous. You can also make them some sandwiches with ham, eggs or cheese.

Oh and of course, do not forget to prepare a good cup of tea, and if English is better;)

Have a weekend full of smiles!

A abracitos rain for all:)



Ingredients:
Approx. 10 rolls.

For sourdough sponge (preferment):


110 grs. sourdough 100% hydration (as it is a fairly wet dough, this time I used my sourdough malt extract 80% hydration without any problem, as there are very good and very manageable dough)

160 grs. bread flour 100 grams

. wheat flour 276 grams

.
milk


To make the sponge, simply mix well all ingredients and let stand 8 hours or overnight. ( I hang approx. 9 hours a night and morning to prepare breakfast )



For the final dough:


75 grs.
bread flour ¾ teaspoon salt


1 teaspoon baking soda 1.5 teaspoon

honey

All sourdough sponge (preferment)



also need a bit of semolina or cornmeal for dusting the muffins. I used semolina.



Preparation of the final mass:


1. Incorporate all the ingredients to the sponge dough, and knead until dough is soft, about 8 minutes. The dough will be slightly sticky, but do not add more flour.

2. Enharínese hands and work table and roll the dough with your hands until you have between 1 and 2 cm thick.

3. Cut the dough into circles approximately 7 cm in diameter. ( I used a cookie cutter 6 cm.)

4. Sprinkle a tray or greaseproof paper with plenty of semolina or cornmeal and place the muffins carefully with the help of a spatula. Then sprinkle with semolina or cornmeal on top.

5. Cover and let rise for 45 to 60 minutes.

6. It lightly greased pan (I used a griddle or comal), while hot, over medium-low heat, carefully place the rolls and broil about turning them every two minutes., A total of 7 to 8 minutes per side (Total cooking approx. 15 minutes). Be ready when they are golden brown on both sides and have fluffy.

7. Cool on a wire rack.

8. It is usually open in the half with a fork. A delicious way of eating is open, lightly toasted, and spread with some butter and jam. I will smeared with my homemade mango jam . : D












0 comments:

Post a Comment