Thursday, January 27, 2011

Steam Mop Hurt Hardwood?

chocolate and almond cake


Only for those who love chocolate ^ _ ^

was having lunch one of the richest in Taipei burgers with my colleague S. in a Western restaurant, simple, where diners are mostly Western and students, and if I mistake not the owner or co owner is from New Zealand, when we find a few magazines Cuisine at a table in between bites .... we got to browse and admire .... was there when I saw this recipe Chocolate and almond cake from Positano ... I loved what I saw and simplicity of ingredients and processing. Immediately I noted in a tiny slip jiji. How many times do this, right?

then, looking for information on their origin, have found no big deal indeed, the recipe appeared on page web of that magazine on the internet:) I guess

chocolate cake and almond Positano is a sister, cousin or family of the Torta Caprese I've seen on many blogs. Positano is a popular tourist town on the Amalfi Coast of Italy.

Without further introduction, a simple and delicious cake flour has not known a glory:))



Ingredients:
For a cast of 23 cm in diameter (I used my 8-inch pan) .

200 grs. good quality dark chocolate (64-70% cacao)
200 grs.
unsalted butter 200 grams.
sugar 5 eggs (Separate the whites and yolks)
250 grs. almonds (toasted and then ground)

Grated lemon icing sugar for decoration
( also used a tablespoon of lemon juice to beat the egg whites )



Prepared

1. Melt chocolate, butter and 150 grams. sugar bath.
2. Remove from the heat, add the egg yolks and ground almonds, mixing well after each addition. Book.
3. Besides, with electric mixer, beat egg whites with 50 grams of sugar, a tablespoon of lemon juice until soft peaks form (but not too drive), add the lemon zest.
4. Mix cream and chocolate meringue with a wooden spoon or hand mixer, until no traces of merengue.
5. Place the mixture in a covered pan with parchment paper or greased and floured (23 cm in diameter), and carry a preheated oven at 180 C for 30 to 40 minutes. (In my case I found 30 minutes sufficient because I love a bit wet).
6. Let it stand a few minutes and unmold. When completely cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar.








0 comments:

Post a Comment